Disclaimer: All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual product may vary due to product enhancement.
SALIVA CHECK MUTANS KITS
Saliva-Check Mutans from GC America tests for Streptococcus mutans bacteria. Please note, there are many bacteria that play a role in caries (ex: Atopobium, Propionibacterium and Lactobacillus bacteria); it is also highly dependent upon geography and age groups. S. mutans are usually present in plaque found only on early lesions. Once the lesions cavitate other bacteria take over and S. mutans counts drop.
It is important to test specifically for Streptococcus mutans bacterial species, because they play a leading role in the initiation of dental caries. When used with other clinical information, salivary levels of this bacterium are useful for caries risk assessment in patients.
- Accurate results in just 15 minutes
- Utilizes immunochromatography; incubators not needed
- Test strips contain 2 monoclonal antibodies
- Positive results indicated red line
- Positive results = 500,000 cfu/mL or higher